Sunday, November 15, 2009

Brown Bag Party - What is it?

We've all heard of home romance parties. You know, the ones that have things that 'buzz' and we all whisper and giggle and wonder how someone could sell these things. We're all interested in finding out more, but are often afraid to ask.

Well, my name is Deanna and I sell "those" toys!

That's right. I'm an independant rep for Brown Bag Party. What is Brown Bag Party? Brown Bag Party is one of the newest, hottest, home romance party plans out there. From our fantastic spa line to our lingerie, not to mention those things that 'buzz', Brown Bag Party carries it all!

Now, I'm sure you're asking yourself why someone would want to sell these things. I'm here to share my story with you. From when I started looking, to why, to how I chose Brown Bag Party. I want you all to know that it's ok to ask questions and find out more. Brown Bag Party is the answer to all your questions and even some you probably didn't think of.

A brief history:
I started looking into finding new ways to make some extra money for my family about 4+ years ago. That's usually where people start. How can I make some extra money that isn't going to take a lot of time to do, cost me an arm and a leg to get started, and won't make me feel as if I 'have' to work.

I looked into EVERYTHING...from selling insurance (good, but too time consuming) to selling Avon. I signed up for every get rich quick thing you can think of and still didn't have anything to really show for it. Then I attended one of 'those' parties.

It was a different company and I can remember thinking to myself..."Hey, I can do that!" But by the time I wanted to ask the rep questions about the company, she was packed up and gone! The business opportunity never came up in the presentation. Booking a party never came up in the presentation. I can remember that I had a blast with all my friends and wanted to do it again.

Several years passed and during a conversation with a friend, it was decided that we wanted to do a show. I saw an ad online, contacted the rep and booked my first party with her. It was FANTASTIC. Again, this was a different company. My friends had fun and I can remember asking brief questions about the business in the order room, but didn't get a lot of answers.

Time went by and I attend a couple other shows, including having another party with a friend of mine. It was the same rep as I had last time and this time I wanted answers. I knew I could do what she did and be good at it. Partying with friends? Yup, I can definately do that! So I asked questions and was invited to a meeting.

I can remember her telling me not to look into too much with this company. I didn't know why until after the meeting. It was then that she shared with me the information she was given about Brown Bag Party. I looked up the information on line and read all I could on the company.

Now, I wanted a few things. First, I wanted to make money, as much as possible without it costing me an arm and a leg. I wanted to be able to have down time. I wanted the flexiblity without the rigid requirements that some companies give. You know, like sales quotas, fees, recruiting quotas and so on. Brown Bag Party's website said there were NONE of those. This was a positive in my book. It said it offered 50% in commissions on all sales. Bonus! All sales! Including website sales! More of a Bonus! It even created my own website for me, so it was something else I didn't have to do! The start up kits started at $89 and with this kit it was still 50% commission! Now, if you're like me, it's all about the money. Yeah, getting out of the house is a plus, meeting new people is a plus, it the cha-ching is more important.

So I kept reading. I shared it all with my husband, because if he wasn't on board for this, it would be a struggle to make it work. He told me it was up to me, but he didn't want me to fail. Fail? Even if I didn't make a huge amount of money and even if I left, the goodies were ALL MINE! So I really weighed all the benefits for this company compared to others, and what it could do for my family with the extra money. That's when I got the call.

Brown Bag Party was offering a kit sale! Woo Hoo! Get the basic kit at 1/2 price. Yeah, baby!!! It was on!

More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment